Monday, January 01, 2007

Eternal Conversations

The sounds of silence, the pin touching the ground
I hear a whisper, tenderness in your voice I found

You lay there calm and ready to talk
interesting it seems without a shock

You talk about the day we first met,
the path of friendship was already set

You seemed excited to hear my voice
concentrating hard and canceling all noise

I say a few words inside my head
didn't open my mouth, my eyes did the rest

I dont know why I kept quiet at that moment
wanted to talk a lot which happened eventually after your comment

"Your quiet today" you said with surprise
I burst out laughing and soon words began to rise

The clock kept ticking, words poured out
I didnt know when the time ran out

The sun was rising out of the clouds
burning its way through, changing its colour
from dark red to light blue

I gathered my stuff fast to rush back
where I belong, to keep certain things on track

Our conversations never last long, they remain
in my heart, forever......


-kd

No comments: