Saturday, April 21, 2007

In Pursuit....

I walk into the glass door
only to find a bump on my head

Trying hard, searching for respite
searching for warmth, still searching..

Obstacles, path-breakers are many
life in the hot sun under the ozone

I whisper again and again
what I want to hear, from life

Breaking sweat, running hard
hurting my knee, falling down

I look around, I gaze at the million smiles
looking so happy, for themselves

For what they've done, for they've achieved
for what I've not done and I've perceived

Still in pursuit, will always be
In pursuit of happiness......


-kd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i adore the simplicity of the verses...
another brilliant job.
Cheers to ur pen.
Regards,
Dheera

Anonymous said...

oh..i luv the line which goes...breaking in sweat, running..faling.....it reminds me of my kiddie nephew who is here to visit me...
remember..write one everyday!
~Namrata